Statutory Warning:

* Rajan Kapoor's Ejaculations: (My Inklings) Er... uhmmm....ahem...... those who are squirming on my 'ejaculations' I suggest you go to a good dictionary and see the definition and usage of 'ejaculation' and not go by your limited/extraordinary command of English!! Here is some help. Definition for Ejaculation: an abrupt emphatic exclamation expressing emotion. (wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn)

* Rajan Kapoor's Cartoons: (My Inkings) Just when some were about to make 'Swami' a very dirty word, like Swami Nityananda for eg., full of corrupting thoughts, there comes ... SERENEashram©. A Magical world of unpretentious Swamis with pure humour (unADULTerated) in their hearts --- and poor bias in their minds. SERENEashram©, the first Indian Comic strip so modern that it had to be an Epic!

* Rajan Kapoor's STUDIO: Photography & Digital Art: (My Imagings) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rajan_kapoor/) At 54 I have bitten the Bullet and reinventing myself!

Rajan Kapoor's STUDIO : Photography & Digital Art (Flickr Slideshow)

Sunday 25 November 2012

Rajan Kapoor's Ejaculation 15: Two Poems written Many Years Ago...

Graveyard with mourner's bench
Graveyard with mourner's bench (Photo credit: lawnborghini)
Graveyard 2
Graveyard 2 (Photo credit: lindsayshaver)


A Window Onto the Graveyard
I Watch.
I Watch her. 
I Watch her weeping.
I Watch her weeping alone.
 I Watch her weeping alone adjacent to a body.
A dead body.
Probably her husband.

The loneliness of her grief,
The only company of the huddled figure,
brings a lump into my throat
And a couple of tears in my eyes.
Thats all. I shut the window.
One more dead.
One more all alone.
So ? So what.

I go to sleep hearing the wails.
I get up lïstening to the cries.
The graveyard is just nearby.
They come, they dig, they bury.
I see. I turn away
Finishing my remaining sandwich.


Mount Everest from Kalapatthar.
Mount Everest from Kalapatthar. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


FUTILITY

Mt. Everest Shivers...
Not from the cryogenic temperatures or the
burden of the scintillating snow. It contemplates its existence!

Mt. Everest Shivers...
They came in ones and twos.
Trudging up they tore the Tranquility.
Dogged and dimwits! Clawing their way up. A whisper
of mine led to their mortality by the engulfing boulders.

Mt. Everest Shivers...
For centuries I had been the Lord of
all I could see, after having sheared my way out of the earthy womb
of Fire and Turbulence; And covered myself with an icy countenance to
perhaps wipe out the memories of the scorching birth. Kidnapped, I did, the
Voluptous clouds to my solitary harem. I enjoyed the sensual pleasure of their brushing against my face.
Then came the Two! One broad—shouldered. Other narrow—eyed. I, the loftiest of them all,allowed them. They climbed upto the top and their joy was a joy to watch.Magnanimous, I felt. Ecstatic they.

Mt. Everest Shivers...
The two went back. Came more, first in a trickle, later in steady
streams. My relenting was their success. But now they say — “Mt. Everest is conquered!” I no more mean the same to them. The earlier awe replaced by smugness. And I filled with remorse (and beer cans and plastic bags and...). My magnanimity my destroyer.
They came. I relented. And they have ‘conquered’.

2 comments:

Making Presentations Slideshow

My Blog List

Creative Commons License
SERENEashram by Rajan Kapoor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License